We are delighted to partner with University Place on our pre-race Expo! Nowhere is a shop local movement as alive and vibrant as it is in Chapel Hill and University Place. Whether searching for on-trend fashion, priceless art, the perfect unique gift or, mouth-watering cuisine, University Mall features some of the region’s best-in-class locally owned and national retailers and restaurants. Located at 201 S. Estes Drive, University Mall is easy to get to and has plenty of parking.
MANDATORY PACKET PICK-UP & EXPO HOURS
RACE DAY PRE-PAID PACKET PICK-UP
Registered to run, but can’t make the Expo fun?
Race numbers and shirt pick-up will be available on race morning for a $15 convenience fee.
This special service is limited to 250 participants.
• You must [REGISTER ONLINE FOR THIS SERVICE] by Midnight, Thursday, April 20. This link will take you to your active.com registration. Click on PURCHASE ADDITIONAL ITEMS* to add Race Day Packet Pick Up. (if you do not see the option to “Purchase Additional Items”, you will need to CLAIM YOUR REGISTRATION – see below)*
• This opportunity is first come, first serve and once sold out, we will not offer any other Race Day Packet Pick-Up options.
• Once you register for this service, you will NOT receive a refund if you pick up your packet at the Expo.
• Friends/Family may not pick up your packet for you on Race Day.
Race Day Packet Pickup hours are as follows: 5:30 AM – 6:30 AM. An email will be sent out very early Friday morning announcing the Race Day Packet Pickup location.
*Instructions on how to claim your registration:
If your registration does not appear on myevents.active.com, you can claim your registration by logging into http://myevents.active.com.
Note: In order to claim the registration, you will need an ACTIVE.com user account and the Registration ID.
Log into My Events web page at http://www.myevents.active.com
Enter Registration Number into Claim Registration text box.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services that will be offered by ATI Physical Therapy and Balanced Movement Studio at the Pre-Race Expo:
- Core Stability for Runners: Assessment and Exercises
- Foam Roller, Trigger Point & Muscle Release Devices: Demonstrations and participation
- Ask the Expert: Injury Prevention and Running Form Advice
- Running Gait Debate and Analysis: How’s my Gait? Should I Lean? How Should I Land the Foot? Are Shoes Good or Bad? Get an update on the current running research.
- Race Day Prep: Dynamic Warm Up, Cool Down and Recovery Stretching
- Pace Team Prep: Stop by & learn how the Balanced Movement Studio Pace Team can help get you to your race goal.
ADDRESS & DIRECTIONS TO UNIVERSITY PLACE
Address: 201 South Estes Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 [mapquest link]
- From I-40 Exit take #270 and follow 15-501 south for approximately 2.5 miles. Turn right on Estes Drive. University Place will be on the right.
- From Hwy 54 take 15-501 North to Estes Drive. Turn left. University Place will be on the right.
- From Downtown Chapel Hill take Franklin St to Estes Drive. Turn right and go one block. University Place will be on the left.
- From UNC Campus take bus line “G.”
IN PERSON REGISTRATION & CHANGING RACES
In person registration will be available. Participants may change races, but you must do so at the pre-race Expo/Packet Pick-Up on Friday, April 21. You will be asked to pay the difference with cash or check if upgrading to a longer or timed race. Refunds will not be provided if you are downgrading. Sorry, we do not allow transfers to the Shadow Runner category.
Please do not change races without letting us know!
Every participant will receive a t-shirt. Shirts are ordered based on the sizes indicated at registration.
NO SWITCHING SIZES – NO EXCEPTIONS!